About this course
Industry 4.0 is the emerging fourth industrial revolution; the next stage in manufacturing. Driven by digitalisation, it connects the impact of emerging technologies and digitalisation across all industries such as energy, transport and infrastructure. Automation and big data analytics are transforming the manufacturing industry, driving new business opportunities through integration with the global supply chain.
The Diploma of Applied Technologies provides the skills and knowledge required for individuals to undertake para-professional technical roles within Industry 4.0 manufacturing and/or engineering environments. In these roles, individuals have the skills and knowledge to use digitalisation techniques that merge traditional and emerging technologies, from product design through to manufacture. Participants will use a systems approach to troubleshoot every aspect of the ‘smart factory’ and they incorporate concepts of innovation and change to achieve tangible outcomes. They have extensive knowledge of Industry 4.0, customisation, and product life cycle management.
This course is intended to provide participants with a range of knowledge and skills to perform the following functions associated with Industry 4.0 manufacturing and/or engineering environments including:
- understanding the concepts and principles of Industry 4.0 within own organisational objectives
- working collaboratively and effectively in multidisciplinary, virtual and multinational teams
- contributing to the development of improvement solutions
- applying project life cycle management processes
- interpreting, developing and managing technical documentation
- producing components using CAD and CAM technologies
- understanding the limitations of working with electrical systems within scope of own role
- working with the fundamentals of cloud computing, databases and SCADA
- installing and configuring a basic network for engineering and manufacturing applications
- applying troubleshooting responses for a range of advanced technology systems used for engineering and manufacturing applications, including cyber-physical, digital and industrial control systems.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of SAGE Group of Companies and a sister company to SAGE Automation, Skills Lab will provide you with the opportunity to learn from real life examples and insights. As such, you will have access to current practices and the opportunity to learn on world leading training platforms.