Skills Lab is happy to answer any questions about our courses.
You will likely find the answer below in our FAQs list, but should you require further information please feel free to contact us directly.
You can apply by selecting the ‘enquire now’, button below the summary of the course you are interested in on the Skills Lab web page. We will contact you to discuss the course you are interested in and supply you with our enrolment pack that you can return to us at email@example.com
If your application is successful, we will send you an email containing an enrolment acceptance letter and a statement of fees. You will need to sign and return the documents in the Student Handbook to confirm your enrolment.
Yes, Skills Lab does require you to have a current Electrical Licence to enrol in the following courses:
• UEE31211- Certificate III in Instrumentation and Control
• UEE40411 - Certificate IV in Electrical - Instrumentation
• UEE42611 Certificate IV in Hazardous Areas
• UEE43211 - Certificate IV in Industrial Automation and Control
There are a number of prerequisite units of competency that you need to have completed prior to commencing the units in these Skills Lab qualifications that are included in UEE30811 Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician (or its equivalent).
• Entry requirements stipulate whether there are any qualifications you must have previously completed in order to gain access to another qualification. They are set by the various Skills Service Organisations and are listed in each training package. Entry requirements are set at qualification level. If you don’t meet entry requirements for a specific qualification then your application cannot be accepted. There are no entry requirements in the UEE11 – Electrotechnology Training Package
• Pre-requisites are similar to entry requirements but are set at a unit of competency level. Each qualification includes multiple units of competency. In some cases, to start a particular unit of competency you must have already completed another unit of competency. Pre-requisites are also set by the Skills Service Organisation and are listed in the training package. An example of pre-requisites for the UEE training package is: “UEENEEI138A - Provide solutions to extra low voltage (ELV) electro-pneumatic control systems and drives - Pre-Requisites: UEECD0007 - Apply work health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace".
• This means that to start UEENEI138A you must have first completed UEECD0007 (this is the pre-requisite unit).
• **Skills Lab requires you to have some prerequisite units that are part of the Electrical Licence (UEE30811 - Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician) prior to enrolling in our qualifications. If you do not have these, you could still complete some of the units and upon successful completion, achieve a statement of attainment. To receive the full qualification, you would need to have successfully demonstrated competency and attained the other units as part of the UEE30811 – Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician or hold an Electrical licence.
• ***Skills Lab offers a number of short courses which are mapped to Units of Competency. It is possible to achieve the accredited units that these short course are based on if you hold the required prerequisite units.
• Admission requirements are unique to each training provider and detail the profile of the person that can apply for a specific qualification. Admission requirements are set according to the delivery strategy in use, the nominal duration of the qualification, and other compliance requirements training providers have to adhere to.
An example of Skills Lab’s admission requirements are that you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have general digital literacy skills and knowledge (basic principles of computing devices, skills in using computer networks, ability to engage in online communities and social networks)
- Be employed in a relevant industry
• Introduction to Automation – UEEIC0013 - Develop, enter and verify discrete control programs for programmable controllers
o The prerequisite unit for UEEIC0013 is UEECD0007 - Apply work health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace. Skills Lab are able to offer this unit if you do not already possess this
• Intermediate PLC – UEEIC0015 - Develop, enter and verify word and analogue control programs for programmable logic controllers
• SCADA – UEEIC0014 - Develop, enter and verify programs in Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems
Your reading material and other resources will be provided to you electronically via our Learning Management System (LMS) on course commencement.